Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random insanity

So, to be a 'real' writer, I must write every day.

I have read this over and over. Hence, this blog. However, somedays, my thoughts are so random and scattered, it is more like raking leaves on a windy day than writing.

For instance, how do I possibly tie together wedding plans, my good cup of coffee and the need to finish typing? It looks more like a 'to do' list than a coherent blog.

I don't know- maybe my mind works differently from others. I am a multitasker, even when writing. I have pamphlets for my vacation scattered on my computer desk and a cell phone plugged in on top of them.

Right now, I am in the midst of planning my daughter's wedding and planning my vacation for the day after her wedding. Insane? Probably. But, in my mind, it makes perfect sense. You see- I know that I will be a crying, blubbering mess when my daughter leaves for another life. She is the last one and it will just be my husband and I, here, alone. Well- the beach has always been my therapy, so, why not leave that night after the wedding, drive to the beach, and sob out my heartbreak to the waves that understand? Why not let the dolphins hear me lament and feel the sun caress me in the morning, telling me it will be okay?

Crazy? Well, maybe, but it works for me.

No comments: