Saturday, August 15, 2009

HIM

It is spring outside, or maybe fall, even though the calendar says August. Cool, overcast, and most of all...quiet. Perfect walking and praying weather. The neighborhood is still sleeping. For once, the dogs haven't spotted me and started their raucous barking. So, I walked. Up and down the driveway, and back, up and down the driveway, and back. Monotonus? Oh, so much so! But I did get to talk with my Lord, quietly whispering things on my heart, listening to His guidance, enjoying my morning.

When I came back into the house a while later, I was lighter. Clean. Ready for today, whereas before I was heavy, bogged down and troubled.

I so wish that I could spend every morning, every waking hour in fact, just talking with the Lord, walking with Him in peacefulness. Enjoying. Glorying. Loving. Him.

No comments: