Sunday, August 2, 2009

It really wasn't that bad of a headache, now that I think about it.

Yesterday, after a day of shopping and hanging out with mom, I returned home to find our central air unit had died. The thermostat read 100. Sweltering!

Last night we slept with all of the windows open, covers thrown back, praying for a breeze. This morning, before I even cracked open my eyes, I could feel the pounding in my head. When I moved, I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. I plodded into the kitchen for coffee and Ibuprofen.

As one of our friends always says, "Wozy, Wozy, Wooo...". Slump shouldered. Grouchy. Whining.

That was until I got on Face Book.

Last night, while we melted in the heat and accident happened. A young man I have known since he was just little-bitty was thrown from a car. He was airlifted to a local hospital. The injuries are massive. It is touch and go as he fights for his life.

You know, my head really doesn't hurt that bad after all. In fact, I feel really good. And really humbled.

No comments: