Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF

TGIF.


Laundry heaped up on the couch. Random drink cups here and there. A floor that desperately needs a mop. Calgon...take me ANYWHERE!


TGIF? Um, yeah. Right. About that.


For a housewife, every day is Friday. Or Monday. Or Wednesday. Like Asians, they all look the same to me.


There will be dishes to wash, clothes to fold and a vacuum to run.


The animals will need feeding, especially kitty, who greets me at the bedroom door every morning. With her claws, she will snag my gown and give me a 'reminder' that her bowl is empty. The dogs will dance in a circle in front of the door. I gotta pee! I gotta pee! But they really don't have to pee. They just want to sniff around the yard and see if that hot little Cockerspaniel left her number on the post of my porch. Only the fish wait patiently for me. They swim around, expressionless and quiet, hoping I won't forget their flakes, the highlight of their day.


Before my first cup of coffee. Before my morning pee. Before blogging or even getting to my first happy thought of the day, I am bombbarded with all of this.


Yes. TGIF.


No comments: